Play that funky music…
I think my runnin’ playlist is a work of art. I love tinkering with the order, adding new material, etc… I truly think I am the sculptor of the playlist – taking away from, reshaping, you get the metaphor. And I realize the beauty of it probably rests with the creator. I also realize that this list may tell more about me than I should be willing to share.
Some of my runnin’ playlist faves (in no certain order)
- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic – The Police
- Blinded by the Light – Manfred Mann’s Earth Band (Mark Chapman, the musical genius that he is, got me hooked on this one one Sunday night when we were discussing Paul’s conversion on the road to Damascus – no lie!)
- Let My Love Open the Door – Pete Townshend (also a Chapman special – he put it on a worship cd he made for us – how clever is he?)
- Rich Girl – Hall & Oates
- Sir Duke – Stevie Wonder
- Boogie Shoes – KC and the Sunshine Band
- The Rubberband Man – The Spinners
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Black Horse and the Cherry Tree – KT Tunstall
- Come and Get Your Love – Redbone
I get excited to run just so I can listen to my tunes. So whatcha got for me? I would love, love, love any suggestions! This thing is always a work in progress.
Oh yeah, FYI – in my low-key listening time I love stuff by Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and Amy Winehouse.
Play that funky music, white girl!! ( I am totally adding that song tomorrow…)