- I have a new favorite verse, and I’m claiming it as my life verse forever and ever and ever: Psalm 66:16- “Come and listen all you who fear God; let me tell you what HE has done for me.”
- I’m going to Kenya for Thanksgiving!
- I am just recognizing that I have a god-complex where my children are concerned. In error, I believe that I am completely responsible for their happiness, their safety, and their health (spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical). That’s dangerous bidness right there, ’cause that faulty belief system will leave me carrying a mountain of guilt for any unpleasantness in their lives. That’s gonna be a hard one to give up, though, ’cause I feel like I should bear the weight of that responsibility. Repeat after me if you are feelin’ me at all on this one, “We do not need to be the gods of our children’s lives. He is perfectly able to do that Himself. We want them to know that He loves them more than we ever can. He’s got this thing. I do not!”
- I don’t really dig having the body chemistry that attracts every biting insect known to man. I am a sight these days! Kenya Fear #74: MALARIA! Though I will be taking malaria meds before, during, and after we go.
- How in the tarnation have I forgotten how much I love 10, 000 Maniacs, Otis Redding, James Taylor, Annie Lennox, Tracy Chapman, Rod Stewart, and George Strait? Shame on me!
- I always carry a Ziploc bag of Sweet’N Low in my purse.
- I recently learned a brilliant piece of information. Absolutely astonishing! If you sprinkle baby powder on your arms and legs after playing on the beach, the sand will easily brush off. COMPLETELY! This is one of those tidbits that just makes me happy, and I’ve already tried it at the beach. It’s the stuff!
- I get spastically excited about buying school supplies – definintely brings out the nerd in me!